When do classes begin?
All classes begin in September and run through until June, just like the school year. UUC Dance Studio will accept registrations up until October 31st which will allow new students to participate in the annual dance recital. If you are unable to commit to the full year, we suggest trying our Spring Mini Session and/or our Dance Camps.
What should I bring to class?
Come ready to learn! Wear your appropriate uniform (see next question) and shoes. Parents, please be sure to send along a refillable water bottle (water only) that is easy to drink from. And a smile…we love teaching happy dancers!
Does UUC by CSDS have a dress code?
- All students are required to wear a black leotard and black dance shorts to all classes, except ballet and hip hop. Leotards and shorts are available through the studio.
- All ballet students are required to wear a black leotard and pink ballet tights.
- There is no required dress code for students registered in hip hop classes, the funkier the better! However, clean inside running shoes must be worn. No jeans please.
- Pink ballet slippers, black jazz and black tap shoes are required for their corresponding classes. Dance paws or bare feet can be worn for lyrical and contemporary classes.
- Any student participating in the Society of Russian Ballet examinations must wear the required studio leotard, appropriate ballet tights and ballet shoes.
- Any student participating in Acrobatic Arts examinations must wear the required studio leotard and black studio shorts.
- Students are required to have their hair up and in a secure bun for all ballet and acro classes and up off their face and neck for all other dance classes.
What if I miss a class?
If you would like to attend another class at your level to make up for the class you missed, please be sure to contact the studio office to get a list of options. Your class choice must be confirmed prior to attending the make up class.
What if my child is not participating in class?
At UUC by CSDS we encourage all parents to allow their children to learn at their own pace. It may take a little time and patience until they become comfortable in their dance class, but it is always worth it.
What is your inclement weather policy?
When the weather outside is frightful – classes will be cancelled due to inclement weather. You can check our Facebook page for up-to-date cancellation information. We will do all that we can to ensure that your cancelled class gets made up before the end of the dance season.
Do I have to know much about dance to send my child to dance classes?
Of course not. We can teach you both! Always be encouraging to your young dancer and be sure not to put too much pressure on them. Dance classes are fun – at every age. Ask us about our adult classes for yourself.
My son has expressed an interest to dance. Do boys dance at UUC by CSDS?
Absolutely! Dance class is a great way to increase coordination, flexibility and rhythm. We offer classes for all genders and all ages.
Where do I find dance shoes for my child? Do you sell them at your studio?
There are a few places to purchase new dance shoes in the region, Inspirations Dancewear is definitely the shop with the most variety. If you are interested in gently used shoes, our studios carry many different sizes in jazz, tap and ballet styles – please ask.
How do I register?
Registration opens up in the spring for the next (fall) dance season. Please feel free to contact the studio directly via telephone or email us directly to get the process started. We are currently working on getting online registration ready and available for 2018. UUC by CSDS offers Spring Mini Sessions, March Break and Summer Dance Camps as well. Registration for camps opens up in January.
Didn’t see the answer you were looking for?
Visit our Contact Page and ask us. We are happy to help you.